Friday, December 30, 2011

Well..... It's over....

For a little bit.... 

I'm just taking a week off - then I'm hitting it hard - and by DARN! I'm going to reach my goal this year... well in 2012 that is! 

Here is a peek of what I spent the last 2 months doing ... while sleeping on average 3-4 hours each night - 
and in between hospital stays / visits / home nursing / working full time / doing homework and attending basketball games ..... and being a mom... sometimes fixing dinner, doing laundry and cleaning the house...
I thought I had taken pictures of the "garage" and "kitchen table" during all this... but they are no-where to be found... that's probably just as well.... it would stress me out to have to see them I'm sure! LOL! 
Being that I do a homemade Christmas (for nearly everyone on our list) 
.... although it is really fun ... it is exhausting as well!  

BUT.... I have chosen to do it that way... and the reason being.... 
Well, let's just say, I do not like having a PRICE tag attached to my gifts!  
Simple as that... 
I like to put thought into my gifts and I really like STRESS!  :)  
It's true! I do so much better under stress!  
BUT.... I don't work nearly as fast as I use to - so thus the reason why my Homemade Christmas WILL be done by Oct. 31, 2012!!!  I'm so super excited too!!! I love setting goals! I love CHECK lists!!!! 
(I'm already making my list for next year - and we haven't even drawn names yet!) 


Anywho...
Here is what I was loosing my sleep on..... 

My married kidos are always complaining that they don't have any "decorations"... so... I decided to help them out - my goal... to have SOMETHING for every month... but... I didn't quite get there - but I did get REALLY close!  
Here is January 

 Baby! It's cold outside!

  
(I just LUV this little guy!!!)  
February 
BE MINE!

 and 
XOX!!! 
Lots of HUGS and Kisses!!!


March...
Feelin' a bit LUCKY are we?!?!?

and then...
APRIL! 

 EASTER!
  
 And of course we have to have a little 
CHICK....

 and a BUNNY too!
 I made these blocks "flip-able" 
(is that a word?) 
One side is EASTER 
and the other is 
SPRING! 
Which HOPEFULLY will take us right into MAY!

 I drilled a hole in the "I" to add the umberella,
but it comes out when using the blocks for EASTER

Then into JUNE.....
(and my ANTS are still in progress...the pesky little things!)
Then JULY! 
 I have 3 fireworks that go with the flag... 
but... where did they go???? 

I already did the OCTOBER blocks

And then... at the last minute decided to make these for December...
I think these are my favorite! 
 A "chunky" nativity
The 3 Wise Men
Angel
and...

 Baby Jesus. 

The nice thing about these... they don't break! 
I can't tell you how many nativities I have had through the years and they always end up "broken" ... and not always because of little curious people around :) 

THEN.... 
I had 3 of my nieces for Christmas as well ... 
And again... I was going for a entire year - but due to all the "EMERGENCIES" going on around here... 
I only accomplished these.... 
Sorry girls - maybe next time it will go better.... 
 I just LOVE these little 
"SNO-CUBES"
(I know... some of them look a little angry!...
Heck - you would be too if you were that cold! RIGHT!?!?!)

Then I made a SIMILAR "XOX" for February 


I was trying to get a "CHUNKY" heart done... 
But didn't quite get to them either... 
Talk about CRAZY! 

I hope that they liked them.... 

And now for the SAD SAD PART.... 

I didn't get ONE THING done for me! 
Agh... you feeling sad for me??? :) 

Now, I just have to do August, September and November... 
BUT there are a few others I'd like to do for December as well, 
and I'm SURE that they won't complain if I do.... 

Well.... time for bed.... 
Sweet Dreams everyone! 

Be sure to visit Making Christmas Count as we get ready to count down to Christmas 2012!

Aren't you sooooo excited!?!?!?!





















1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are all SO DARN CUTE!!! I love your ideas for each month thus far, and your enthusiasm is something to be admired! H♥memade gifts are best, for sure! You're so sweet and thoughtful to be thinking this far ahead. You GO, GIRL! :D

    ~Morgan ♥

    ReplyDelete