Thursday, December 15, 2011

Here's what I've been doing this last week.... and then some.....

And my house will TESTIFY to that!!! agh!!!!  I wish I just had a place to LEAVE it all - so I didn't have to CLEAN it up - GET it out - CLEAN it up.... CONSTANTLY!!! I think I spend more time doing that then actually working on the projects.... but there is still more to be completed.... better get a move on it!!!

First.... I decided to join up with a ornament exchange ... 
THUS requiring ornaments to be made.... 
So... Here are my little "SNO-BALL Men"..... 
I was just "goin' with the flow" so there is no rhyme or reason to them... 
Just trial and error.
Don't look toooooo close... you'll see my flaws....
But then again... every SNOWMAN is perfect in his own way right? 

Normally I would just cut my own wood, but due to time I choose to purchase 2" pre-cut circles, and use 1/4" flat plugs for their nose.... I tried the "carrot" looking nose, but that just didn't work for me.  Drilled a hole up top and made a "curly" wire hanger.  Oh, and of course, added some holly and berries just to make him a bit more festive... pretty simple. 
I started originally with this glass ornament with a mylar print of the Savior that I placed inside... 
BUT when I got to the postoffice and they told me the POSTAGE... I opted out of mailing them...
NOTE TO SELF: Remember to keep SHIPPING in mind when making ornaments for ornament exchange... :)  Mailing cost $7.15 YIKES!
Then, on my Christmas blog I've been doing a give away every week, just happened that this week also ended with a "ORNAMENT" as the giveaway.. 
So.... I put together MR & MRS Gingerbread... 
Again, no pattern in mind, just trial and error. 
These I did cut out and decided to just "experiment" with different colors for their "icing" and "bows".
I think my favorite part is their "eyes" it just adds "character"... again... not perfect by any means.... but I sure do love watching a piece of wood come to life!  


And then.... 
I needed a wreath in my kitchen.
Here is what I came up with at about 2 am... 
Surely is not anything like LIZ over at Savvy Seasons
She is a PRO at these wreaths... 
Maybe in 10-15 years I'll get it down,,,
But for now, It will just have to do... 
I have a few other things under my belt.... but they will have to wait.
I'm not sure who is checkin in here and I don't want to ruin a Christmas surprise... 

:) 

Stay tuned.... MORE to come!!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment