Saturday, March 10, 2012

Problem Solved.....

With a house FULL of girls.... You find some STRANGE things.... in WEIRD places..... and then you can't find NORMAL things... and ANY of the right places.... 
 Which brings me to our latest... or should I say the ONGOING issue for YEARS now.... I know that you will be able to relate IF you have girls in the house....  They ALWAYS have TINY things.... Tiny elastics for little piggy tails.... then they advance to TINY little barrettes..... then come the BOBBY PINS... Honestly, I think WE alone have kept BOBBY pins in business for the past 20 years!  I have purchased WAY more than our fair share of BOXES - YES BOXES of BOBBY PINS... For a LONG time I thought they were EATING them!  Only to discover (on more than ONE occasion) that my MR. KIRBY was not really BROKEN  (it sounded like a helicopter taking off) after spending MORE than I should to take him to the repair shop.... just to find BOBBY PINS STUCK in the fan ....That is when I discovered they weren't EATING them... they just DROP them to the floor, never to be seen again because MR. KIRBY was EATING them and upon occasion, would cause him some great INDIGESTION! THEN... intermixed in the BOBBY PIN problem, they have BEGGED and PLEADED and BEGGED, BEGGED, BEGGED to get their ears pieced.... After going the rounds of "they are a lot of work, you have to take care of them, you need to put your earrings in a safe place.... blah blah blah.... (I soon learned after girl #3 that what I was saying was just going in one ear and coming out their mouth was the promises that NEVER really had a chance to "sink in"....)  Well, for one.... earrings were lost, earrings were repurchased.... Mr. Kirby has enjoyed a few earrings himself, with only to discover that he usually wanted only ONE... leaving us with many SINGLES hanging around) and TWO.... I'm tired of "piercing" my feet (or my knees) with the OTHER single earring.  The excuse would usually be... "But mom, I put them on the table on top of ....... "  Which translates to YOU  left them laying on something that gets swiped off the counter in your hastiness to get out the door, only to "FLING" those cute little earrings into the fibers of the carpet which IF they weren't discovered by MR. KIRBY (the vacuum) they are found in MY bare feet! AGH!!!!!... Well, this mom has had enough! (and honestly, who am I really kidding.... like this is REALLY going to solve the problem.... I know~it won't, but for now.... it makes me feel a little better..... and that's what is counting today :)) 

I went to LOWE'S and purchased a sheet of decorative sheet metal - I think it is used typically as a "radiator" cover.... 

I took a old frame I had laying around, re-painted it and then measure, cut with tin snips (yes... my MR. has EVERY tool imaginable.... and usually 3 or 4 of them!  That's for another day....) 

Placed the sheet metal in the frame... VERY carefully of course - (that stuff is SHARP!) 


Tacked it in with some little "brads".... (and yes! Sometimes they were BRATS because my fat fingers had a heck of a time holding them while trying to hammer them in with a HUGE hammer head too!  Nail gun would probably work much better... and yes I have one of those too - but was too lazy to go a lookin' for it.... and I just wanted this project DONE!)

And WAH-LAH! .... now there is a PLACE for all those earrings.... 
just one problem... doesn't work really well on the the "post" style earrings.... 
still thinking on that one... 
But for now ~ I'm hoping to find LESS SINGLE earrings hanging around.... 

AND... I have 2 more to make.... Can't wait to get the next one done... It is a "necklace, bracelet & earring holder.... I hope it works out like it is in my head... :)  

Well, off to the next project....

OR.... feed the wild Indians.....

No comments:

Post a Comment